Programmes leading to Overseas Awards
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Human Resource Management|
|Awarding Institution||Northumbria University, UK|
|Programme Starting Date||25 Sep 2017|
|Aims and Objectives||This top-up programme is designed for holders of Associate Degree or Higher Diploma. This programme aims to provide students with a thorough grounding in the field of human resources management. It will equip students with the relevant skills, knowledge and understanding that are required in this challenging, yet highly rewarding field. Students will also have the chance to develop reflective practices and critical thinking skills. These attributes are essential for a manager to handle changes in this modern society.|
|Features||- Newcastle Business School won the Business School of the Year award at the Times Higher Education Awards 2015.|
- Newcastle Business School has become the first in Europe to achieve double accreditation, for their Accounting and Business programmes, from AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. This accreditation puts Newcastle Business School in an elite group of only 1% of business schools worldwide.
- Newcastle Business School is ranked 43rd in the UK (Sunday Times and Times Good University Guide 2016)
- 30th intake since January 2003*
- Accumulative total of over 4,600* graduates in various professions in Hong Kong
- The curriculum, syllabuses and assessments are identical to those delivered on campus in Newcastle
- Students will be assessed by assignments (some modules may also have a written examination)
- Students will be awarded the degree by UNN upon successful completion of study
- Classes held at PolyU Hung Hom Bay Campus or PolyU West Kowloon Campus
- Supported by web-based learning materials
- Access to PolyU library facilities
- Scholarship opportunities available for students with outstanding academic results
- Students may apply, on a competitive basis, to attend the English Language and Cultural Learning Programme at Northumbria University in Newcastle and experience the life and culture in the UK during the Summer Term. Successful candidates will be required to contribute part of the costs involved.
- The whole programme is CEF reimbursable.
- Students are eligible to apply for the Government's Extended Non-means-tested Loan
* These figures cover other programmes offered by Northumbria University through SPEED.
|Normal Duration||2 years (Part-time)|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|Programme Leader||Dr Adam Wong BSc, MSc, CNE, MCSE, DBA|