Programmes leading to Overseas Awards
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Business Management|
|Awarding Institution||Northumbria University, UK|
|Programme Starting Date||25 Sep 2017|
|Aims and Objectives||This top-up programme is designed for holders of Higher Diploma or Associate Degree. This is a broad-based programme, which prepares students for an enhanced role in general management or administration within the public and private sectors. The programme explores and develops the functional areas of business, including management, marketing and strategy.|
|Features||- Newcastle Business School won the Business School of the Year award at the Times Higher Education Awards 2015.|
- Newcastle Business School has become the first in Europe to achieve double accreditation, for their Accounting and Business programmes, from AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. This accreditation puts Newcastle Business School in an elite group of only 1% of business schools worldwide.
- Newcastle Business School is ranked 43rd in the UK (Sunday Times and Times Good University Guide 2016)
- 30th intake since January 2003*
- Accumulative total of over 4,600* graduates in various professions in Hong Kong
- The curriculum, syllabuses and assessments are identical to those delivered on campus in Newcastle
- Students will be assessed by assignments (some modules may also have a written examination)
- Students will be awarded the degree by UNN upon successful completion of study
- Classes held at PolyU Hung Hom Bay Campus or PolyU West Kowloon Campus
- Supported by web-based learning materials
- Access to PolyU library facilities
- Scholarship opportunities available for students with outstanding academic results
- Students may apply, on a competitive basis, to attend the English Language and Cultural Learning Programme at Northumbria University in Newcastle and experience the life and culture in the UK during the Summer Term. Successful candidates will be required to contribute part of the costs involved.
- The whole programme is CEF reimbursable.
- Students are eligible to apply for the Government's Extended Non-means-tested Loan
* These figures cover other programmes offered by Northumbria University through SPEED.
|Normal Duration||2 Years (Part-time)|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|Programme Leader||Dr May LAU Mei-mei BA, PhD|