|Preparatory Courses for Bachelor of Laws (LLB), University of London International Programmes (October 2016 Intake)|
|Programme Code||LLB OCT|
|Awarding Institution||University of London, United Kingdom|
|Programme Starting Date||21 Oct 2016|
|Aims and Objectives||Preparatory Courses for Bachelor of Laws (LLB) aim at preparing students for the examinations leading to the award by the University of London. The LLB examinations will be arranged by the Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority each year. All examination questions will be set by faculty at the University of London.|
On successful completion of their studies, students of the University of London International Programmes will be awarded a University of London degree. The parchment they receive will state that they were registered with the University of London and were awarded a University of London degree. The standard of awards made to International Programme students are maintained at the same level as those who studied at a College of the University of London.
|Features||The LLB degree of the University of London is of international standing. Most importantly, it allows the graduates to apply for the Hong Kong Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL*), the English Legal Practice Course (LPC) or the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) to eventually qualify as a barrister or solicitor. A high number of LLB graduates also pursue their careers in corporate and commercial sectors and in the civil service.|
*Qualified graduates are required to take conversion examinations to satisfy the prerequisites of PCLL. Successful admission into PCLL is at the sole discretion of the course providers.
The Preparatory Courses are taught by full-time faculty from Advance Tertiary College (ATC), Malaysia and ITC School of Laws (ITC), Singapore.
Why study LLB at SPEED with ATC & ITC?
- SPEED, ATC and ITC have been the Affiliate Centres for the University of London International Programmes since 2009. This is the highest level of recognition and means that in the considered view of the University of London International Programmes, we demonstrate a sustained commitment to developing excellence in respect of teaching, strategy, and support to students.
- ATC and ITC are renowned for their teaching excellence in UoL LLB programme in the region since 1988.
- ATC and ITC have produced 11 First Class Honours graduates of Bachelor of Laws (LLB) since 2000.
- The courses are highly examination oriented.
- In 2013 examinations, PolyU SPEED’s students were awarded:
> 2 First Class Honours
> University of London Award for Academic Achievement
> Best results in the world Graduate Entry Route B Year 2 & 3
Advance Tertiary College - http://www.atc2u.com
ITC School of Laws - http://www.itc2u.com
|Normal Duration||2 - 8 years|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|Programme Director||Dr Danny CHOONG|
|Programme Leader||Mr Kevin LEONG|