|BA [PolyU(H.K.)]; MEcon (H.K.); DBA (Newcastle); ACIM; MHKIM|
Dr Calvin Cheng is a Lecturer in marketing at PolyU SPEED. Dr Cheng obtained his Bachelor of Arts in Marketing (with First Class Honours) from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University and Master of Economics from the University of Hong Kong. He received his Doctor of Business Administration from the University of Newcastle, Australia. Dr Cheng is currently a member of the Hong Kong Institute of Marketing (HKIM) and an associate member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).
Prior to joining PolyU SPEED, Dr Cheng has worked as a marketing staff for a multinational corporation as well as served in administrative and marketing positions for the PolyU proper and the Vocational Training Council. He has gained solid experience in marketing and sales, management, project development, and programme administration. At PolyU SPEED, Dr Cheng is mainly responsible for teaching in the areas of marketing and management.
- Yuen, S. M. & Cheng, C. (2013). Strategic Procurement in Textile and Apparel Sourcing Companies in Hong Kong: A Practitioner’s Perspective. Journal of Business and Economics, 4(11), 1148-1158.
Working Papers and Conference Proceedings
- Yuen, S. M. & Cheng, C. (2015). Quality Management Measures in Food Supply Chain: An Overview and Case Study of McDonald’s Hong Kong. PolyU SPEED Working Paper Series, 2015 (1).
- Yuen, S. M. & Cheng, C. (2014). Quality Management Measures in Food Supply Chain: An Overview and Case Studies in Hong Kong. Proceedings of the APDSI-ICOSCM-ISOMS 2014, 1-10.
- Yuen, S. M. & Cheng, C. (2012). Strategic Procurement in Textile and Apparel Sourcing Companies in Hong Kong: A Practitioner’s Perspective. Proceedings of the International Conference on Business Management & Information Systems (ICBMIs2012), International Journal of Academic Conference Proceedings, 17-27.
- Cheng, C. (2012). Relationship Marketing in Higher Education – A Case Study of Hong Kong. Proceedings of 2012 Third International Conference on Education and Sports Education (ESE 2012), Singapore Management and Sports Science Institute, 4, 109-114.
- Cheung, R., Wan, C. and Cheng, C. (2010). An Active Learning System for Auction Agent Programming with Competitions. Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE/ACIS 9th International Conference on Computer and Information Science, IEEE, 811-816.
- Cheng, C., Cheung, R. and Wan, C. (2010). E-learning in Higher Education – A Case Study of Hong Kong. Proceedings of 2010 IEEE International Conference on Advanced Management Science (ICAMS 2010), IEEE Press, 2, 79-86.
- Cheung, R., Wan, C. and Cheng, C. (2010). An Ontology-Based Framework for Personalized Adaptive Learning. Book Chapter, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 6483/2010, 52-61-27.