Senior Lecturer 高級講師
|BCom (W. Syd.); MMgt, PhD (Macq.); MCIM; MHKIM|
Teaching and Scholarly Interests
Dr Lam is the Scheme Leader of the BA (Hons) Scheme in Marketing at PolyU SPEED overseeing the operation of four leading marketing awards of the School. He is also the Award Leader of BA (Hons) in Marketing and Digital Marketing. Concurrently, Dr Lam serves as the Programme Director in charge of PolyU SPEED’s marketing campaigns and the external liaison matters. Dr Lam has substantial teaching experience in both local and overseas tertiary institutions. Prior to joining PolyU SPEED, he taught marketing at CityU at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Dr Lam earned his PhD and Master Degree in Marketing Management from the Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM) of Macquarie University, Australia. Before taking up the career as an academic, Dr Lam has solid commercial experience in marketing. He worked at the marketing division of both Hang Seng Bank and DBS. Dr Lam currently holds professional membership of The Chartered Institute of Marketing from the UK and the Hong Kong Institute of Marketing.
Dr Lam has a strong passion in tertiary education and is dedicated to teaching. The teaching philosophy of Dr Lam is ‘to develop individual potentials, to cultivate students’ positive attitudes to learn, and to prepare them for lifelong learning and future challenges’. An active researcher, Dr Lam’s research interest focuses on financial services marketing (in particular the area of customer loyalty), digital marketing and buying behavior of luxury products. His work has been presented in many leading marketing conferences in China, Australia and the UK. Dr Lam has published in leading marketing journals and a case study in an international marketing research textbook.
Journal Articles, Conference Proceedings and Case Studies
- Lee, Daisy, and Lam, Regan (2016). "Marketing Private Higher Education: Social Media’s Share of Voice in Online Search", the 3rd European Conference on Social Media Research, Caen, France, 2016.
- Wong, Phoebe, Lee, Daisy, Ng, Peggy, and Lam, Regan (2016). "Factors Influencing Student Choice of Top-up Degree Programme in relation to Online Search”, The Inaugural Asian Conference on Education & International Development (ACEID2016), Kobe, Japan
- Chu-Lo, Canie KY, Burton, Suzan and Lam, Regan (2015), “Live Here, Buy Overseas? Chinese Luxury Fashion Buyers”, ANZMAC 2015 Conference, Sydney, Australia.
- Lam, Regan and Burton, Suzan (2014), Staying, Going or Changing?: Retention versus Changes in Share of Wallet”, ANZMAC 2014 Conference, Brisbane, Australia.
- Lam, Regan, Lo, Brian and Burton, Suzan (2013), “Customer retention, customer loyalty and the moderating effect of Share of Wallet (SOW) in a B2B market”, 6th International Conference on Business Market Management (BMM 2013), Bamberg, Germany
- Chu-Lo, Canie KY, Burton, Suzan and Lam, Regan (2012), “Affiliation, Differentiation, and Social Taboos in Luxury Fashion Purchases in China”, International Conference on Globalization and Marketing Strategy (the 8th Royal Bank International Research Seminar), Shanghai, China
- Lam, Regan and Burton Suzan (2011), “Share of wallet and Business Banking Loyalty: An exploratory study”, 5th International Conference on Business Market Management, Tampere, Finland.
- Lam, Regan (2010), “Hong Kong: Staying ahead of the competition in the Wealth Management Business”, Comprehensive Critical Thinking Cases, Marketing Research- 6th Edition (Global Edition), pp. 812-814, Pearson Education.
- Lam, Regan, Burton, Suzan. and Lo, Hing-Po (2009), “Customer tradeoffs between key determinants of SME Banking Loyalty”, International Journal of Bank Marketing, Vol. 27, No. 6, pp. 428-445.
- Lam, Regan and Burton, Suzan. (2006), “SME banking loyalty (and disloyalty): a qualitative study in Hong Kong”, International Journal of Bank Marketing, Vol. 24 No.1, pp. 37-52.
- Lam, Regan, Lo, Hing-Po and Burton, Suzan (2006), “Customer Loyalty in SME Banking: A Choice Modeling Approach”, Academy of Marketing Conference, London, United Kingdom.
- Lam, Regan, Burton Suzan and Lo, Hing-Po (2006), “Trade-offs in cognitive and affective components of business customer loyalty”, ANZMAC2006 Conference, Brisbane, Australia.
- Lam, Regan and Burton Suzan (2005), “Investigate the drivers of SMEs’ banking loyalty in Hong Kong”, ANZMAC 2005 Conference, Perth, Australia.
- Lam, Regan and Burton, Suzan (2005), "Bank selection and share-of-wallet among SMEs: apparent differences between Hong Kong & Australia", Journal of Financial Services Marketing, Vol. 9 No. 2, pp. 204-213.
- Lam, Regan and Burton, Suzan (2004), “Bank selection and share-of-wallet among SMEs: apparent differences between Hong Kong & Australia”, Emerging Financial Services Markets Asia-Pacific 2004 Conference, Sydney, Australia.
- Lam, Regan and Burton, Suzan (2003), “Banking Loyalty by SME Businesses: A Qualitative Study of the Hong Kong Market”, ANZMAC 2003 Conference, Adelaide, Australia.
- Lam, Regan and Burton, Suzan (2002), “Banking Loyalty by SME Businesses: A Pilot Study of the Hong Kong Market”, ANZMAC 2002 Conference, Melbourne, Australia.
- Fam, Kim Shyan, Gray, Brendan J., Lam, Regan and Yang, Zhilin (2002), “Consumers' Views of University Promotion Campaign - Evidence from Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong”, ACR-Asia Pacific Conference, Beijing, China.