|BSc (HKU); MBA (CityU); DBA [PolyU (H.K.)]; PMgr (HKMA)|
Teaching and Scholarly Interests
Dr. Law joined PolyU SPEED in September 2009. He teaches social sciences and management subjects at various levels. Before joining PolyU SPEED, Dr. Law was a researcher of a private local think tank. He was the principal investigator or co-investigator of various public policy research or consultancy projects in Hong Kong and the mainland China. He also gained substantial administrative experience from various business or educational organisations.
Dr. Law received Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Master of Business Administration (MBA) with distinction (human resource management concentration) from City University of Hong Kong, and Bachelor of Science from The University of Hong Kong. He was awarded Professional Manager by the Hong Kong Management Association since 2008.
Dr. Law is the author of the Chinese book series “Innovation from Ancient Thoughts” (「與古為新系列」) which attempts to apply ancient wisdom (in particular Confucian philosophy) to the modern world. His books include the following:
1. 「與古為新系列」：《〈大學〉的管治智慧》，香港：新天出版，2015年7月初版。(Law, V. (2015). Governance Wisdom of Daxue. Hong Kong: Bookoola Publishing, 220 pp.)
2. 《大學˙中庸今註今譯》，香港：新天出版，2016年8月初版。(Law, V. (2016). Annotations to Daxue and Zhongyong. Hong Kong: Bookoola Publishing, 282 pp.)
3. 「與古為新系列」：《〈中庸〉的管理智慧》，香港：新天出版，2017年2月初版。 (Law, V. (2017). Management Wisdom of Zhongyong. Hong Kong: Bookoola Publishing, 421 pp.)
- Co-investigator: RGC (Research Grant Council) Inter-Institutional Development Scheme (IIDS) of Hong Kong: “From Social and Environmental Accounting to Sustainability Accounting and Responsible Investment: Emerging Research Agendas” (February 2017 – January 2018).
- Co-investigator: FSTE (Federation for Self-financing Tertiary Education) Small Research Grant Scheme (SRGS): “Education as a Pillar Industry of Hong Kong: Concepts, Targets, and Policy Implications” (January 2013 – March 2015).
Consultancy or Research Projects
Dr. Law participated in various large-scale consultancy or research projects in Hong Kong. Representative ones are as follows:
- Consultancy: “Lifelong learning and development for Hong Kong enterprises” (July 2013 – June 2015) - Commissioned by Institute for Entrepreneurship (IfE), The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Research Project: “Education as a Pillar Industry of Hong Kong: Concepts, Targets, and Policy Implications” (January 2013 – March 2015) - Commissioned by Small Research Grant Scheme (SRGS) of Federation for Self-financed Tertiary Education (FSTE).
- Consultancy: Three-stage Public Engagement Exercise (October 2009 – January 2012) – Commissioned by West Kowloon Cultural District Authority, Hong Kong.
- Consultancy: “A Focus Group Study on Subsidised Home Ownership” (May to September 2010) - Commissioned by Transport and Housing Bureau, Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR).
- Consultancy: Public Engagement on “Building Design to Foster a Quality and Sustainable Built Environment” (September 2009 to June 2010) - Commissioned by Council for Sustainable Development, Hong Kong.