Financial Assistance

Students with financial needs may apply for the Government's Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (NLS) or Continuing Education Fund (CEF).  Students registered on local courses/programmes or registered and exempted courses under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance (Chapter 493) offered by PolyU SPEED are eligible to apply for NLS.  A large number of our courses/ programmes have also been included in the list of CEF.  Students of these CEF-reimbursable courses/ programmes may apply for subsidies from the government.

Non-means-Tested Loan Scheme

The Non-means-Tested Loan Scheme, funded by the Government, has been extended to provide financial assistance to students of the programmes/courses offered by the School.  For details about eligibility and the list of programmes/courses covered by the Scheme, please contact the Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency.

Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency

Address: Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon
Enquiry Hotline: 2802 2345

Reimbursable Courses under Continuing Education Fund (CEF)

In preparing Hong Kong for the transition to a knowledge-based economy, the Government has set up the Continuing Education Fund to subsidise adults with learning aspirations to pursue continuing education and training courses.

Many courses offered by SPEED and other units of PolyU have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Fund. They fall into the following categories:

  • Business Services
  • Creative Industries
  • Design
  • Financial Services
  • Interpersonal and Intrapersonal Skills for the Workplace
  • Languages
  • Logistics
  • Tourism

Eligible applicants will be reimbursed up to 80% of the course fee or HK$10,000, whichever sum is the less. Each applicant may claim reimbursement of more than one reimbursable course, subject to the ceiling of HK$10,000 during his / her lifetime.

Eligibility of Claiming Reimbursement

For details regarding the eligibility of claiming course fee reimbursement under CEF, please visit

When to apply for CEF

Application for CEF must be made to Office of the Continuing Education Fund (OCEF) before the programme / course commences. Late applications are not acceptable.

In case you fail to complete the course you enrolled on initially but successfully complete other reimbursable course(s) within the deadline, you may claim reimbursement in respect of the completed course(s) without making an application for CEF again.

How to Apply for CEF

Award-bearing Programmes / Subjects within an Award-bearing Programme

  1. Complete the application form(s) for the relevant programme(s). Application(s) for these programmes must be made on specific application forms obtainable from SPEED Offices or website.
  2. Follow the procedures specified on the form to submit an application for admission to the School.
  3. An applicant who is admitted to the programme should complete all programme registration procedures and submit the completed Application Form for CEF [SFAA 192(2012)] to SPEED Offices by hand. SPEED will then certify the Form and return it to the applicant.
  4. Submit the certified Application Form for CEF together with a copy of the Hong Kong Identity Card to OCEF by post or by hand.


For details about the eligibility and application procedures of the CEF, please contact:

Office of the Continuing Education Fund (OCEF)

Tel: 3142 2277





  • 商業服務
  • 創意工業
  • 設計
  • 金融服務業
  • 工作間的人際及個人才能
  • 語文
  • 物流業
  • 旅遊業








學術資格課程 / 學術資格課程的科目

  1. 填妥可獲發還款項的課程報名表。報讀學術資格課程的表格,可在學院辦事處索取或網頁下載。
  2. 依照課程報名表內的指示向學院遞交入學申請。
  3. 獲取錄的申請人須向學院辦事處遞交已填妥的持續進修基金申請表[SFAA 192(2012)]。完成所有註冊程序及審核所填資料後,學院會在持續進修基金申請表上蓋上學院印章,並即時歸還表格予申請人。
  4. 將已蓋章的持續進修基金申請表,連同香港身份證副本寄往或親身遞交持續進修基金辦事處。




電話    : 3142 2277

網址    :