PolyU SPEED “Back-to-School Scholarship”
In order to encourage working adults to go back to school to earn a bachelor’s degree, PolyU SPEED introduces the “Back-to-School Scholarship” in 2020/21. New “back-to-school” students (those admitted to PolyU SPEED’s full-time articulation honours degree programmes in 2020/21) may apply for this Scholarship. Details are as follows:
Each awardee will be granted a scholarship of HK$10,000
To be considered for this Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be new students admitted to PolyU SPEED’s full-time articulation honours degree programmes in 2020/21; and
- Possess at least 9 months of full-time work experience before 1 September 2020; and
- Attain a GPA of 3.0 or above in Semester One, 2020/21 at PolyU SPEED.
Applicants’ entire portfolios including academic performance, extra-curricular activities, contributions to the School and society, other achievements, and interview performance will be considered.
How to Apply
Applicants who have received an offer of admission to a PolyU SPEED full-time articulation honours degree programmes in 2020/21 will be invited to apply for this Scholarship.
Applicants should email the duly completed application form and copies of all supporting documents (including proof of full-time employment) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants may be invited to attend an interview in February 2021.
ð Download Application Form
Closing Date for Application
5:00 pm, 6 September 2020 (Sunday). Late or incomplete applications will NOT be processed.
Announcement of Results
Shortlisted applicants will be informed by mid-September 2020 by email. The list of scholarship awardees will be announced in February 2021 after the confirmation of Semester One, 2020/21 assessment results. All awardees will be notified by email.
Scholarship Presentation Arrangements
- The scholarship payment will be transferred to the awardees’ bank accounts by the end of 2021 after the confirmation of their continuation of study at PolyU SPEED in the 2021/22 academic year.
- The awardees will be invited to a scholarship presentation ceremony.
Service Counter: S1201, 12/F, South Tower, PolyU West Kowloon Campus, 9 Hoi Ting Road, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon
Hotline: (852) 3400 2828
- PolyU SPEED reserves the right to alter the above arrangements without prior notice.
- All recipients of the PolyU SPEED Back-to-School Scholarship must complete their first year of study and confirm their second year of study in PolyU-SPEED award programmes on a normal study load.
- PolyU SPEED reserves the right not to grant this scholarship to those who have any disciplinary record(s) due to infringement of the rules and regulations of the School.