SPEED Research Committee
Terms of Reference
- To develop internal regulations and administrative procedures to facilitate research and other scholarly activities in SPEED
- To facilitate development of applications for external research grants
- To monitor the progress and quality of RGC-supported research and other scholarly activities in SPEED
- To consider resources in support of implementation of research and scholarly activities, including conferences, workshops and seminars, etc.
Terms of Office and Period of Appointment
- The term of office of the Chairman shall normally be three academic years. The term of office of the members shall normally be two academic years. A review of membership shall be carried out annually. The Chairman and all members are eligible for re-nomination and re-appointment. (There is no limit on the number of times of re-nomination and re-appointment.)
- The total number of members should not normally exceed eight.
- The Unit Head may nominate himself/herself as the Chairman. If he/she is not the Chairman, he/she shall be an ex-officio member.
Frequency of Meetings
This committee should meet as frequently as necessary, preferably not less than once every semester.
|Chairperson||A senior academic staff appointed by Director of SPEED|
|Ex-officio member||Director of SPEED|
|Members*||Up to 6 members, preferably, from at least one member of academic staff from each rank and each discipline, appointed by Director of SPEED|
|Secretary||A non-academic staff at the rank of Officer or above, appointed by Director of SPEED|