The Taxation Institute of Hong Kong Certified Tax Adviser (CTA) Qualifying Examination Revision Course - Paper 2 (Hong Kong Tax)
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese supplemented with English
Duration & Contact Hours
4 days; 16 hours
Class Start Date
12 Sep 2020
12 Sep – 3 Oct 2020 (all Saturdays)
2:00pm - 6:00pm
8 Sep 2020 (Tue)
11 Aug 2020 (Tue)
Are you ready for the next CTA Qualifying Examination in October 2020?
This intensive revision course will equip you with the required technical knowledge and examination skills to sit for Paper 2 (Hong Kong Tax) of the examination.
Intended Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Have in-depth knowledge of the practical aspects of the Hong Kong taxation system;
- Apply the tax principles, decided cases and legislations to the Hong Kong taxation system and have an appreciation of the interaction of the various taxes; and
- Prepare tax computations on property tax, salaries tax, profits tax, personal assessment and stamp duty.
Cases, examples and past papers/ solutions will be discussed during lectures to enhance your understanding of important Hong Kong taxation areas. Relevant examination techniques will also be shared by experienced instructor to show you how to score marks effectively.
Ms Edith Chan
- MBA; FCPA (practising); FCCA; ATIHK; CTA; FCA; MSCA
- Sole Practitioner of Edith Chan & Co., Certified Public Accountants (CPA Firm)
- Professional expert with practical experience in Hong Kong Tax and International Tax
- 25 years solid experience in teaching sub-degree, degree and post-graduate courses
- Facilitator and marker for professional accountancy public examinations
- Speaker of examination techniques seminars for professional accountancy public examinations
Online Information Session
Date: 11 August 2020 (Tuesday)
Time: 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm
To watch the video, please click here
There is no specific entry requirement. Target students are those who will take the CTA Examination Paper 2. As this is an intensive revision course for CTA Qualifying Examination Paper 2, applicants are responsible for assessing if they have a thorough understanding of Hong Kong taxation concepts.
(HK$1,080 for students/ graduates* of any of the following programmes:
- PolyU-SPEED award programmes
- BA (Hons) in Business Accounting of University of Wales offered through SPEED
- Bachelor’s degree programmes of Heriot-Watt University offered through SPEED
*Indicate identity in Section 2 of the application form.)
Students who have attended at least 75% of the classes will be presented with a Certificate of Attendance by PolyU SPEED.
1. Application form can be downloaded from this website. Before completing the application form, please read carefully the "Guide for Applicants" on the form.
2. Please submit one application form and settle the course fee by bank draft/ crossed cheque/ On-line Card Payment System for each course applied. For details of payment methods, please refer to Section 4 of the application form or this web page.
3. Non-permanent residents of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) holding
(i) work visa/ entry permit; OR
(ii) visa/ entry permit under the Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates (IANG) (except those from Mainland, Macao and Taiwan); OR
(iii) dependent visa/ entry permit (except those from Mainland, Macao and Taiwan), issued by the Director of Immigration of HKSAR Government may enroll in short-term courses in SPEED without seeking prior approval from the Director of Immigration.
These applicants are required to attach a copy of their identity document(s) and the valid visa/ entry permit to their application. On admission, they will be required to provide the original identity document(s) and visa/ entry permit for verification. Throughout the course of study, it is the responsibility of individual students to ensure that their identity documents and visas/ entry permits are valid. Other non-local applicants can neither be registered as students nor commence their studies on the short-term courses in SPEED.
4. Applications should be submitted on or before the deadline for application via one of the following means -
(a) By post or by hand:
Submit the completed application form, supporting documents (if applicable) and a copy of your valid visa/ entry permit (if applicable) together with the bank draft/ crossed cheque/ payment confirmation page (for online payment) to School of Professional Education and Executive Development, Room 807, 8/F, PolyU Hung Hom Bay Campus, 8 Hung Lok Road, Hung Hom, Kowloon.
(b) By e-mail (for application with payment settled via online system only):
Submit the completed application form, supporting documents (if applicable) and a copy of your valid visa/ entry permit (if applicable) together with the payment confirmation page by e-mail to email@example.com.
Payment Methods for Course Fee
Please choose either one of the following payment methods for course fee:
(1) Bank Draft/ Crossed Cheque
You could submit a bank draft/ crossed cheque (made payable to "The Hong Kong Polytechnic University") by post or by hand. Please write your name, the course code and class code at the back of the bank draft/ crossed cheque. Post-dated cheque will not be accepted.
(2) On-line Card Payment System (by Visa/ Master/ China UnionPay card)
You could settle the course fee via On-line Card Payment System by Visa/ Master/ China UnionPay card. For successful payment, please print the payment confirmation page for record and quote the invoice number (as shown on the payment confirmation page) on Section 4 of the application form.
According to the School's Refund Policy, course fees paid are normally not refundable, except cases of unsuccessful applications/ course cancellation. Fees paid and places allocated are not transferrable.
You may also be interested in
- Certificate in Environmental, Social and Governance Reporting
- CFA® (Level 1) Examination Preparation Workshop
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) Professional Examination Preparatory Course - Award in Financial Planning (Hong Kong)
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) Professional Examination Preparatory Course - Award in Investment Planning